As a continuation of yesterday’s post, we are moving on to the delicious smorgasbord that could be seen below the steamed beets!
I know you were all waiting with baited breath….
I noticed that I rarely use a plate. Every meal seems to be some sort of a bowl meal. What does that say about me? Hmm….
Anyway…. A delicious recipe made from leftover components of meals from the last week is the star of today’s post. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Pesto Quinoa & Lentils
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 of a Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup Beet Greens
- 1-2 tsp Beet Green Pesto (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup Green Lentils, cooked
- 1/4 cup Qunioa, cooked
- 2 tsp good quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Melt oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until translucent. Add carrot & broccoli and saute until tender.
- Add beet greens & pesto and cook until just wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Top with Steamed Beets (Recipe Here)