The Tony Awards were last night.
For those of you who don’t know, the Tony’s are basically the Super Bowl of the theater world. GF Guy and I were so excited! We invited a few friends over, and I prepared a dinner worthy of the occasion. I made steak!
I don’ know why I decided that dinner just HAD to be steak. I’ve never actually cooked it before, and really only eat it once a year. But, steak it was, and AMAZING steak it turned out to be! Ready in under 15 minutes, this recipe is a decadent winner. GF Guy was sure pleased. Though, I’m making him eat lentils tonight….. So, there’s that…..
Filet Mignon with Dairy Free Garlic Herb Butter
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 stick (8 Tblsp) Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (divided)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tblsp fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Tblsp fresh Basil
- 4, 8oz Grass-Fed Filet Mignon Steaks
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Make Dairy-Free Garlic Herb Butter by combining 1/2 stick (4 Tblsp) softened Earth Balance Buttery Sticks, garlic, parsley, & basil in a food processor. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Turn dairy-free butter onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log shape. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook the steaks.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. (425 degrees F if at high altitude)
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over high heat.
- Melt remaining 1/2 stick (4 Tblsp) Earth Balance Buttery Stick and Olive Oil in the pan.
- Meanwhile, generously season the filets on both sides with salt & pepper. Don’t be shy. Seasoning is your friend!
- Once Earth Balance has melted in the pan, sear the steaks 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. While steak is searing, use a spoon to bathe filets with the melted Earth Balance in the pan.
- Place the entire skillet in the oven and cook for 7 minutes.
- While filets are in the oven, remove Dairy-Free Garlic Herb Butter from the refrigerator, and slice into 1/4″ thick rounds.
- After 7 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and top each filet with one round of Dairy-Free Garlic Herb Butter.
- Return the pan to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove filets from the pan immediately and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.