No, seriously… I am going to turn into a pumpkin! I eat more pumpkin puree than any one person should be able to handle. It’s just so good! I can’t help myself. For instance, this week I had:
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal
and now, a Pumpkin Parfait
Really, the parfait is just Pumpkin puree layered with Enjoy Life Crunchy Flax cereal in a fun goblet. Not much of a recipe, but oh so delicious!
I feel that if you must wake up at 5:00AM, you deserve to eat your pumpkin out of a pretty glass. That’s all I’m sayin’…
What do you do to make waking up obscenely early bearable?
I have been getting back into the gym. Slowly but surely I have started running again, the free weights are becoming my friends, and that delicious soreness that comes from really working your muscles has taken hold. Call me masochistic, but I love the feeling of sore muscles. It means I worked hard!
All this working out has sure revved up my appetite, though. I’m fine with an increased appetite. I’m not trying to lose weight, just to increase muscle tone. I am, after all, a pocket-size little thing!
Last night, I enjoyed a big bowl of GF pasta & roasted vegetables along with a glass of wine whilst watching the AMAs. Is it just me, or do Enrique Englasias & JLo need to retire. I am sooooo over them. Anyhoot, I was craving chocolate to get me through Enrique’s overdone performance. The answer… a chocolate mug cake. Most mug cakes have nutritional stats that would make a sumo wrestler blush. So, I gave it a healthy makeover! You could probably eat this for breakfast, it’s so healthy!
*WARNING* This is NOT a sweet dessert. I served mine with pumpkin puree on top for the sweetness. Feel free to add sweetener to yours as desired. Perhaps, more stevia! Also, I consider this to be 2 servings. Save half for dessert tomorrow night! 😉
Bitter Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 Tblsp Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 2 Tblsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tblsp Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 1 Tblsp Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tblsp Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
- 1/8 tsp Sweet Leaf Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- Place all ingredients in a microwave save mug.
- Using a fork, stir until smooth.
- Place in a microwave and cook on high for 3 minutes. Cake will rise over the edge of the mug, but don’t worry! It will sink back down.
- Allow to cool in the mug about one minute before inverting onto a plate.
- Cut cake in half to make 2 servings.
- Top with more pumpkin puree, ice cream, or chocolate sauce.
- Does your appetite go through the roof when you start working out? I already eat like a linebacker! Working out only perpetuates the problem.
- What is your favorite gym move? Without question, laterals are my jam!
- Are you a “sweet” or a “savory”? It depends on the day, though my definition of sweet tends to mean fruit.
Guess what?! I have been given the opportunity to write guest blogs for Udi’s! Click on the recipe title for my favorite Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe!
This morning, I woke up craving Oatmeal.
I haven’t had oatmeal in…. I don’t know how long. It was time to rectify that “situation”, but not just any old oatmeal recipe would do!
I decided to make my own version of Chocolate Covered Katie’s Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal. Like her, sugar in the AM isn’t really my jam. I opted for a sugar-free version that rocked my socks off! (…or it would have if I had been wearing any…)
Click on the recipe title to check out Katie’s recipe and start your day off with a big bowl of fabulous!
Last night, I had zero desire to go to the grocery store. Do you ever have days like that? You want delicious, gourmet food. You are even willing to spend the time slaving in the kitchen. BUT, there is no way in Hades you are stopping to buy ingredients! Even stopping to buy a bottle of wine was out of the question! I was a woman on a mission, and that was mission was to put on comfy sweatpants and a hoodie!
I should mention that said sweatpants are over-sized, black, MC Hammer-esque pants I stole from GF Guy a few years ago. He is now kicking himself for ever purchasing such heinous pants in the first place.
*Sigh* GF Guy is so lucky to have such a sexy wife….
But I digress…. I found some lentils in the cupboard and a new creation was born! I always forget how yummy lentils are. Their earthy flavor and excellent nutritional stats need to appear more in my kitchen! Please make a note of that and remind me from time to time. Thanks! 😉
Vegan Southwestern Lentil Lettuce Wraps
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- Place lentils, water, & bay leaf in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, & reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until lentils are tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- When lentils are finished cooking, stir in seasoning blend, cumin, and BBQ sauce. Taste & adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spoon lentils into a leaf or Romaine lettuce. Top with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream and salsa.
Gidget’s Secret Southwestern Seasoning
- 1 Tblsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tblsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tblsp ground Cumin
- 2 Tblsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tblsp dried Oregano
- 4 Tblsp Paprika
- 2 Tblsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp Demura Sugar
- 1 Tblsp ground White Pepper
- Mix thoroughly. Store in an airtight container.
- What is your favorite lentil recipe?
- What is one ingredient you wish you used more often?