I love seaweed!
It is delicious, nutritious, and available in so many forms! Kelp is my current favorite, due in part to Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
“Kelp Noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat raw noodle. Made of only kelp (a sea vegetable), sodium alginate (sodium salt extracted from a brown seaweed), and water, Kelp Noodles are fat-free, gluten-free, and very low in carbohydrates and calories. Their noodle form and neutral taste allow for a variety of uses including salads, stir-fries, hot broths, and casseroles.” (kelpnoodles.com)
“Kelp has a high concentration of iodine, which makes it useful for treating goiter and other thyroid problems. It also works to treat the inflammation of joints from arthritis.” (herbco.com)
I have been having so much fun with these delicious, raw noodles! They are awesome on top of a salad, topped with marinara sauce or Avocado Pesto
, and tossed in a stir-fry. Try this recipe! I featured it in a Tasty Tuesday/Foodie Friday at Rollin’ Oats. It went over so well, the cafe’ is costing it out to see if they can include it on their regular menu! If you like ginger, you will LOVE this recipe!
Almond Kelp Noodle Salad
– 12 oz pkg Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles
– 1 c Carrots, grated
– 1 c Red Cabbage, shredded
– 1 c Green Cabbage shredded
– 2 c Baby Bok Choy, shredded
– 1/4 c Daikon, shredded
– 6 Tbsp Almond Butter
– 2 Tbsp peeled, grated Ginger
– 1/2 c Coconut Water (I used Amy and Brian Coconut Juice)
– 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
– 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
– 1 1/2 t Sea Salt
– 2 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1. Rinse Kelp Noodles, cut to desired length, and place in a bowl with the vegetables.
2. Place Almond Butter, Ginger, Coconut Water, Sesame Oil, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, and Braggs in a blender. Process until smooth.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and noodles, toss, and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This salad tastes even better the next day! Have you ever tried Kelp Noodles? What is your favorite recipe? I’m always looking for something new!
This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free.