GF Guy is home, and I suddenly feel like baking again!
It has been over a year since I last made muffins. His first morning home seemed like the perfect time to pull out the old muffin tin and give it a go. I went to my favorite GF recipe blog, The Gluten Free Goddess, where I found a delicious recipe for hearty, whole grain blueberry muffins.
I made a few changes based on the ingredients I had on hand, as I do. GF Guy and I both LOVED them! My changes are highlighted in red. Feel free to follow the link to view the original recipe, and to check out the Gluten Free Goddess’s other delicious recipes!
Blueberry Corn Muffins
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 3/4 cup certified Gluten Free Yellow Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 Tapioca Starch
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1/2 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp Organic Honey
- 2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tblsp Flax Meal combined with 6 Tblsp warm Water)
- 1 cup Warm Water (3/4 cup for low altitude cooking)
- 1 heaping cup fresh, Organic Blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. (350 degrees F for low altitude)
- Grease a muffin tin with dairy free buttery substitute, like Earth Balance.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until evenly combined. Adjust liquid ratio as needed. Batter should be thick enough to scoop, but not stiff.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven 17-20 minutes, until done.
- Allow to cool 5-7 minutes in the muffin tin before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm with someone you love!