Things change so quickly in life. One minute, you live in Florida with your husband and dog. The next minute, you find yourself sitting in an apartment in Colorado watching the sun rise over the mountains.
You have all been witness to the crazy changes in my life. Today, there is a new one to announce. GF Guy is off on tour again, and this time he took Dickens with him! Sadly, with my crazy travel schedule, and the nature of my job, it would have been impossible for Dickens to stay with me and be my boyfriend while GF Guy is away. At least I know GF Guy has a buddy on the road.
Yea, yea…. but what show is he traveling with, you ask. Hold your horses! I’m getting there. I am proud to announce, GF Guys latest show is………………..
He is so happy, and I am so proud of him! 36 days until we see each other again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last night, I arrived home to a practically empty refrigerator. Having absolutely no motivation to go to the grocery store, I threw together a bowl meal. Bowl meals are my standard when GF Guy is away. There is no to impress. They are ugly, but have “great personalities”, which I am totally fine with. Oh, and they are an excellent way of cleaning out the refrigerator! 😉
Southwestern Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 cup Broccoli, stems & florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen Peas
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup leftover cooked Quinoa
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup fresh Salsa
- 2 Tbsp shredded Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and saute’ broccoli until just tender.
- Add peas and cook until heated through.
- Next, add the cooked quinoa and cook about 1 minute.
- Move all ingredients toward the outside of the skillet, forming a hole in the center.
- Crack the egg into the center of the skillet and lightly scramble to break the yolk.
- Gently stir the egg until it begins to cook. Gently fold into the other ingredients.
- Add the salsa and Daiya cheese and cook until cheese in melted and salsa in heated through.
As strange as the ingredient list sounds, this was delicious! I enjoyed it while watching Jeopardy, and then promptly fell asleep on the sofa… at 8PM on a Friday night. I think I might officially qualify as “elderly” after that confession.
My bowl meal was awesome, but now there is literally no food in the house, unless you count Tortilla Chips. I can not escape a trip to the grocery store. Get ready Whole Foods! Here I come!