Again with the beets?!
I know, I know…. But they were on sale, 2 for 1! You wouldn’t expect me to pass up a good bargain, would you? Besides, we should all eat more beets. They are excellent for the liver, boost mental health, and are even considered by some to be an aphrodisiac. (Oh yeah… I went there.) source
I made a big batch of these steamed beets to use on salads and other meals throughout the week. I will give you the recipe for what I ate my beets on tomorrow. It was delicious, filling, and vegan! I win. 😉
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 bunch organic Beets (reserve the beets tops for another recipe)
- 2 Tblsp Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a square baking pan with foil.
- Clean & quarter beets.
- Place beets in the foil lined pan, and pour vegetable stock around the beets.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt, & pepper.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, until beets are fork tender.