Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!! ….a few days late…
I am fresh off of a crazy month and a half during which I was home for about 4 days total. I have been to Orlando, Tampa, Anaheim, San Francisco, Seattle, Sacramento, Eugene, and San Jose. My marathon of travel culminated in a once in a lifetime trip to Kauai with my love, GF Guy.
He has most of the pictures. But, once he posts them, I can promise you all a Gluten Free guide to Kauai featuring the best seafood on the island, a swim in a waterfall, a traditional Hawaiian lunch at a road side food truck, and a helicopter ride through the beautiful island that now holds a piece of my heart.
We arrived home on Sunday, just in time to pull together a mini St. Patrick’s Day get together. In “traditional Irish fashion”, I whipped up a big pot of Pumpkin Chili. (riiiiight…..). The side dish, however, was the real star of the evening! I knew I had to make something green, but detest the thought of using artificial coloring. Instead, I used a healthy helping of spinach to transform Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix into a festive, green side dish that packed a veggie punch!
My “Sneaky Veggie” Cornbread is an excellent way to get those picky eaters in your family to eat more vegetables and have fun while doing it!
“Sneaky Veggie” St. Patrick’s Day Cornbread
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, melted
- 1 bag Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Puree almond milk and spinach in a blender until smooth.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until done, about 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.