But, did you know pumpkin is not only a seasonal flavor? WHAT?! You may be saying. It’s true! Pumpkin can be grown year-round. So, don’t wait until October and November to enjoy this fiber packed ball of deliciousness! To give you an excuse to eat more pumpkin, here is my new favorite cornbread recipe. Simple and ready in no time, it is a sure fire winner in our house! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 1 cup Almond Milk mixed w/ 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tblsp Flax Seed Meal mixed w/ 3 Tblsp warm Water
- heaping 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking dish sprayed w/ non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes until done. (*My trick is to press the center of the bread. If it springs back it is ready to go!)