Holy YUM!!!! These muffins are delicious!
I woke up on my day off at 6:30am with a recipe jumping up and down in my brain. I groaned and rolled over, willing the recipe to go away and let me sleep. It didn’t work….
I rolled out of bed, ran into the wall (my equilibrium is always “off” in the morning), and blindly stumbled into the kitchen. Keeping my priorities at least slightly, I started a pot of coffee before setting to work mixing a bit of this, and a bit of that, together in a bowl. By the time the coffee was ready, I had a batch of muffins in the oven and the dishes scrubbed and dripping on the drying rack.
Let me tell you what…. It was all worth it! These subtly sweet muffins are addicting! I have already eaten two, and now you must excuse me, because I am going to go get a third!
“Mighty Tasty” Whole Grain Honey Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Honey, plus additional for serving
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Milk (1 cup for high altitude)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. (425 for high altitude)
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop batter into a muffin tin lined with paper muffin liners. Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-14 minutes, until the edges are golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire baking rack before serving with Earth Balance Spread and Honey.