My guests are gone, and I am, once again, left to cook for myself.
A little girl, in a big city…..
Okay… that sounds all sad. It’s not really. After Mama Gidget left, my friend “R” staid with me a few days. Once “R” left, another friend took me out for a night on the town.
Naturally, we played in the modern art we stumbled upon on our way to and from the restaurant….
After all that frivolity, I needed to stay home, do laundry, and decompress. So, what do I turn to for dinner? What else? Eggs! I went a little fancier than my usual scramble, by creating a delicious, single-serve frittata.
What is your “go-to” single serve meal?
Spinach Frittata for One
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1/2 tsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 1/4 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 large handful fresh Spinach
- 1 large Egg
- 2 large Egg Whites
- 1/2 large Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (375 degrees F if at a high altitude)
- In a small, oven-safe skillet, melt Earth Balance over medium-high heat.
- Saute’ onion 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add chopped zucchini and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add spinach and saute’ until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Evenly spread spinach mixture in the bottom of the skillet and top with an even layer of tomato slices.
- Sprinkle chopped, fresh herbs over top tomato slices.
- In a bowl, beat 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites until frothy and well combined.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Pour beaten eggs into the skillet evenly over the vegetables.
- Place skillet in the preheated oven and bake 15-20 minutes until eggs are set and fluffy.
- Serve immediately.