No muss. No fuss. That’s the kind of girl I have become lately.
…..at least in the kitchen…..
Yes, these are purple polka dot pants. My fashion sense is clearly slightly less “no frills”.
I used to spend hours in the kitchen preparing one meal. Homemade hamburger buns to complete our slow cooked pulled pork feast…. Homemade almond milk…. Homemade hummus….. What has become of me?! I’ll tell you what has become of me… LIFE!
I swear! When not traveling, I leave the house at 6:20AM to head to the office, work through lunch, and don’t arrive home until just after 6PM. I work long hours, and I love my job, but I am starting to neglect myself a little…. I just realized that, literally…. Hmm…. Maybe I will take a lunch break today. 😉
Well, now that we have had our daily revelation, let’s get on to the recipe!
A one dish wonder, this baked chicken recipe is quick, delicious, and can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled to feed an entire family! Enjoy!
One Pan Baked Chicken & Vegetables
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 cup Baby Carrots
- 1/4 cup Crimini Mushrooms, halved
- 1 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Black Pepper
- Thyme, dried
- Rosemary, dried
- drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- about 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (375 for high altitude)
- Place chopped vegetables in an 8×8 square baking dish. Season with salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and herbs, and place in the baking dish atop the vegetables.
- Pour 1-2 Tbsp of chicken stock over the vegetables, and drizzle everything with a little extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover, tightly with foil and bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.