Guess who is going to visit GF Guy tomorrow?
…. THIS KID!!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven’t seen him in over two months! …Too long, if you ask either of us. I have been bustling about all weekend doing laundry, packing, and baking GF Guy’s favorite treat, banana bread.
I have developed countless versions of my mom’s classic recipe, rarely making the same one twice. Today’s version features a new product by Earth Balance, makers of my favorite non-dairy buttery spread. Earth Balance recently released two Organic Culinary Spreads, Sweet Cinnamon and Roasted Garlic & Herbs.
Both are delish, and transform any dish they are added to. I have used the Roasted Garlic & Herbs Spread to saute’ vegetables, make homemade GF/DF garlic bread, pan-fry tofu, and countless other recipes. The Sweet Cinnamon, I had only spread on toast. Well, with today’s recipe, I have discovered a whole new world of uses for this spread! I can’t wait to keep exploring it’s many uses.
Don’t worry if you don’t have the Earth Balance Sweet Cinnamon Spread. You can substitute any butter or butter substitute. However, if you are able to find the Culinary Spreads in your local grocery store, I highly recommend you give them a try!
Sweet Cinnamon Banana Nut Bread
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour/Starch
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 over-ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Organic Sweet Cinnamon Culinary Spread
- 2 Tblsp Unsweetened Original Almond-Coconut Milk
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, sorghum flour, & tapioca flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together one cup of the flour mixture, the sugar, xanthum gum, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Add the mashed banana, Earth Balance Sweet Cinnamon Culinary Spread, & almond-coconut milk.
- Beat on low speed until just blended, & then on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs & the remaining flour and beat until blended.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts by hand.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8x4x2 loaf pan. (or 3 mini-loaf pans)
- Bake in your preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, until done. (35-40 minutes for mini-loaves)
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before slicing.