Good morning, my lovelies!
I simply adore the weekends. Mornings where I get to sleep in until 7:30am, roll out of bed, enjoy a leisurely cup of French-press coffee, and take a moment to breathe….. Yes, weekends are the best.
I took a bit of time this morning to try my hand at a recipe I spotted over at Kelly’s Spunky Coconut blog. Her Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes looked like the perfect vehicle for the bag of coconut flour that has staring accusingly at me from the back corner of my refrigerator.
I took her base recipe and converted it from banana to pumpkin, which was a delicious swap. Unfortunately, mine stuck to the pan a bit, making then rather homely looking, bless their hearts….. Regardless of their scrappy appearance, they tasted delicious, especially when topped with a drizzle of organic honey.
Grain Free Mini Pumpkin Pancakes
– based on this recipe by the Spunky Coconut
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 large, organic Egg
- 3 Tblsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tblsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tblsp Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- small pinch Salt
- dash Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan and a bit of coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tablespoon of batter per pancake into the heated pan, and cook until set (this takes significantly longer than regular pancakes).
- Flip gently and cook about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with organic honey. (local if possible)