I might be a genius. Why, you ask?
I just made a cake…. for breakfast!!!
The photos may not be the best, but at 6am, I am NOT taking the time to stage a photo-op. Besides, it’s the taste that matters!
My tummy has been unhappy with my breakfast choices of late. For the last few days, breakfast has been certified gluten free oatmeal. The result has been days of bloating, gas, cramping, and ……… My fellow “glu-tards” out there get the picture. I’m not happy about this recent development. I used to be able to tolerate certified gluten free oats. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!!!
I needed something to cheer me up this morning. I needed cake. So I made cake, and it was good. It was also good for me, so that makes it even better!
I took my normal sugar-free mug cake recipe and replaced the cocoa powder with my favorite, vegan protein powder and VOILA! In under two minutes, you get a vegan, gluten free, sugar free, high protein cake that you can eat for breakfast! You’re welcome. I will be accepting my Nobel Prize in 2014.
High Protein Blueberry Breakfast Mug Cake
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Protein Powder (I like Vega One Natural flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia (omit if your protein powder is already sweetened)
- 4-5 Blueberries
- Place all ingredients in a microwave safe mug and stir until smooth.
- Place mug in a microwave and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Top with vegan coconut milk yogurt and additional blueberries, if desired.