If you know me, you know that I am a ‘Fu Lover.
I LOVE ME SOME TOFU!!!! (as long as it’s not fried)
Plain, straight out of the package or baked are my two favorite ways to enjoy tofu.
I know soy gets a bad rap, but here is the deal…..
I eat organic, non-gmo tofu. I don’t eat many processed foods which are often laden with genetically modified, processed forms of soy. The studies claiming soy is bad for you are inconclusive, in my opinion. Tofu is an excellent vegetarian source of complete protein. Plus, tofu tastes DELICIOUS!
Okay…. rant over. Cause ain’t nobody got time for that! *wink*
I made a scrumptious BBQ marinade for my tofu before baking it to a “meaty” consistency in the oven. Served atop a baked sweet potato and sauteed greens, this tofu is my new favorite! I can’t wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!
BBQ Baked Tofu
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 (14 oz) container Firm Organic Tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Gluten Free, Vegan BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Hot Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Liquid Smoke
- pinch Sea Salt
- pinch Black Pepper
- Press tofu at least 4 to 6 hours to remove excess water. I use a Tofu Xpress.
- Slice tofu in half, width-wise, and then cut into cubes. Place cubed tofu in a resealable container and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour marinade over cubed tofu and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Marinate tofu for 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cubed tofu in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake tofu for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.