Today, I felt like a grown-up.
Not a common occurrence when I act like this on a pretty regular basis…..
Why don’t I feel like a grown-up? It makes no sense, if you think about it. I have been married for quite a few years. I have a full time job, complete with benefits. I own a home. I have a dog. I have a retirement account for heaven’s sake! Why do I still feel like I’m 12 half the time?! And, why is it that small, seemingly insignificant things can make me feel like an adult.
Take, for instance, today’s maturity inducing task….
I bought & cooked salmon.
Ridiculous, right? I don’t know why, but for some reason purchasing salmon makes me feel like a grown-up. I did feel slightly pitiful asking the fish monger for a single portion size fillet, but that’s not the point…. I held my head high, took my single size fillet home, & prepared a meal that would make any adult proud!
Honey Lemon Roasted Salmon
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 serving size portion Salmon Fillet
- zest of 1 Lemon
- juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tblsp Honey
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- Season salmon fillet with salt, pepper, & thyme, and place in a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients to form a marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon and set aside while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon in the oven and roast 10-12 minutes, until desired doneness.