Do you ever wake up and know that you simply must bake something?
That happened to me this morning. I slept in (until 7:30…..) and awoke feeling refreshed, revitalized, and in the mood to play in the kitchen. I opened my pantry and perused the contents. While mentally taking note of the ingredients available, I found myself craving something simple and wholesome, something… well… for lack of a better word, “oaty”.
As I sipped my coffee, I combined a little of this and a little of that in my favorite mixing bowl (a hand-me-down from my mom with a hand-painted eggplant nestled in the bottom). In less than 10 minutes, breakfast was in the oven and the sweet aroma of vanilla wafted through the air. A little photo session in a beam of morning sunlight completed the picturesque milieu.
As I sat down to eat, I couldn’t help but to count my blessings. It’s idyllic mornings, such as this, that help you appreciate the little joys found in each day. A beam of sunlight, the scent of vanilla, the smell of autumn in the air…. they are all little reminders that God can be found in the details of each day.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Vanilla Chia Oat Muffins
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Vegan)
- 2 1/4 cups certified Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup Water (plus 1/4 cup if baking at high altitude)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (425 degrees if baking at a high altitude)
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until just combined. Allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. The batter will thicken as it sits due to the chia seeds.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin tin, about 2 heaping Tbsp per muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, until set.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.