Fun times and frivolity have been in abundance in the Gidget household.
Mama Gidget came for a visit. We are both hyper-active to begin with. Put us in the same room and chaos ensues! We dominated a Farmer’s Market, painted the town, jammed to my old school record collection…
…and even managed to completely redecorate my apartment, all in 3 days!
We ate out once, then opted to cook at home using our Farmer’s Market haul the remaining days. You can’t beat local, organic celery, tomatoes, hybrid cauliflower, cucumbers, zucchini, corn, kale, spinach, sweet potatoes, basil, parsley, dill, and cilantro. I don’t care who you are!
I made the following Quinoa side dish to accompany our dinner one night. The leftovers of which rounded out our remaining meals!
Herbed Quinoa Pilaf
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- 1 dried Bay Leaf
- Herbamare, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 tsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 2 packed Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 packed Tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
- Place quinoa, water, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 12-15 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaf, season with herbamare and pepper, and fluff with a fork.
- Gently fold in Earth Balance and fresh herbs.