Let’s be honest. I have a 6am flight this morning. I got 3 hours of sleep. Awesome….
This is going to be one serious case of the “Mondays” for which there is only one cure, a kick-butt breakfast! I am taking myself away from the work-doldrums with a breakfast fit for a tropical vacation. Slow-cooked pineapples make a decadent topping for delicious and healthy protein pancakes.
Fuel your body right and carpe the heck out of this diem!
Tropical Protein Pancakes
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop Vegan One Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 large organic Egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup Water
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop 1/4 cup of batter and pour into the center of the skillet.
- Cook on one side until edges are set and bubbles appear on the top of the pancake.
- Flip pancake and cook about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Yields 3 pancakes.
- 1/2 tsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 2 Tbsp Pineapple Chunks
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure Maple Syrup
- Melt Earth Balance in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to cook while making the pancakes.
- Pour caramelized pineapples over the finished pancakes before serving.