GF Guy and I move tomorrow.
All of our possessions are in boxes waiting for tomorrows’ truck. All of our possessions, that is, except an oven safe pan and a roll of foil…
What kind of Gidget would I be if I packed away all of my kitchen essentials when there are still frozen vegetables needing to be eaten? Our very last meal in our very first Denver apartment was a delicious casserole. Warm and filling, it was just what we needed after a long day of packing, lease signing, and dodging raindrops.
This meal is a one dish wonder, so prepare yourself for few dishes and zero leftovers! I’m not sure how much cooking I will be doing over the next few days, especially since there is a ridiculous Gluten-Free friendly Cuban restaurant around the corner from our new place. 😉 BUT, I will do my best to bring you more delicious recipes soon! If you have any suggestions for recipes you would like to see converted to be gluten-free and dairy-free I would love the inspiration!
Chicken Quinoa Casserole
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups warm Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp House Seasoning Blend of choice
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Boneless, Skinless Organic Chicken Breast, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Peas
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (375 if at a high altitude)
- Mix together quinoa and spices and place in the bottom of a deep and large, oven-safe skillet.
- Top quinoa with chicken and frozen vegetables.
- Pour warm chicken stock over top all ingredients.
- Cover pot tightly with a lid or foil.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 1 hour, or until quinoa is cooked through.
- Remove casserole from the oven and remove the lid or foil.
- Turn the oven to Broil.
- Sprinkle Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese evenly over top the casserole and return to the oven uncovered.
- Broil 3-4 minutes until vegan cheese is melted and bubbly.