Roasted vegetables are my jam!
I love them on salads, on pasta, plain, hot, or cold. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. You get the idea….
I am always looking for new ideas for flavor combinations and stumbled upon this one quite by accident. I was reading a recipe for roasted mushrooms that called for white wine. I didn’t have any, but did find a bottle of mirin tucked in the back of my cupboard. Mirin is kind of a wine, I thought…. So, I went for it!
The resulting vegetables were utterly delicious! GF Guy and I devoured them, sadly leaving no leftovers. (sniff) I guess I will just have to make some more!
Mirin Thyme Roasted Vegetables
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
- 1 Broccoli Crown, chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Organic Rainbow Carrots, chopped
- 1/4 lb mixed Chantrelle and Maitake Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 tsp dried Thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Pour onto a foil lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Make sure all mushrooms are facing cap down.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until desired done-ness.