Hello from the road!
I am, once again, traveling round the country. At least it is only for 4 days this time… and next week…. and the next week… and…. You get the picture. 😉
I did make a supper Sunday night that I wanted to share with you all. It comes together so quickly from such humble ingredients but tastes out of this world delicious! While I don’t like regular sausage, chicken sausage I love! I found a gluten free, dairy free spinach and garlic variety that hits the spot.
I may have gone back for seconds, and may have eaten this entire recipe in one sitting…. maybe…… Enjoy!
Chicken Sausage Skillet
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 tsp Napa Smoked Olive Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 pint Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp dry Sherry
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2-3 tsp Thyme
- 2 links Spinach & Garlic Chicken Sausage, sliced on the bias
- 2 handfuls Baby Kale
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute’ onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with sherry and add tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme, reduce heat slightly and cook until tomatoes begin to burst and give off their juices.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook about 8 minutes, until heated through.
- Toss in the kale and continue cooking until wilted.