I’m back from another 2 week trip and craving meat like a man!
When on the road, meat is not something I normally eat. I tend to turn into a little bunny and gorge myself on salads, vegetables, tofu, and beans. I guess with all of the flights and stresses of travel, my body craves light, fresh fare. It also tends to be a safer option, for me, at least. Who knows if the chicken was cooked on a contaminated grill or pan? You simply can’t trust people. Case in point…. While in California, I ate at a local Italian restaurant with a friend. They had GF pasta and pizza crusts and it was recommended by a friend who is also GF. When my GF pasta entree arrived, it was definitely GF pasta, but one bite left me wondering if there was butter in my dish. I walked up to the waiter and questioned him. He assured me that he had explicitly told the kitchen no gluten and no dairy. So, I returned to the table and ate my meal. WELL…. I can explicitly tell you that there WAS butter on my pasta! It was not good times, that’s for sure! I’m not blaming anyone but myself. I should have gone with my instinct and not eaten. However, I am just pointing out that no matter how careful we are, eating out presents risk. It’s just the way it is.
But as I was saying….. when I arrived home from my 2 week travel stint, I wanted meat, chicken and roasted vegetables, to be exact.
After arriving home from my Friday office day, I got the chicken marinating while I prepped and roasted the vegetables. By the time that was done, the chicken was marinated and ready to cook. Served atop a bed of greens and baby kale, this dinner hit the spot for this road weary girl!
Speedy BBQ Chicken
- 1 organic Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- White Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Salt-Free Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Hot Sauce
- Place chicken breast in a shallow, glass dish.
- Season generously on both sides with white pepper, salt, thyme, and poultry seasoning.
- Pour BBQ sauce and hot sauce over seasoned chicken and coat evenly.
- Cover glass dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour, or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (375 for high altitude), and heat an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken in the skillet for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook 12-15 minutes, until chicken is done.