What I eat is generally pretty boring.
When left to my own devices (aka not cooking for anyone else), my meals are generally variations of 2-3 quickie recipes. You will probably recall seeing a very similar version of this same meal a few weeks ago. This time though, I spiced things up by adding two unexpected flavors, cumin and curry. The effect was delightful!
Curry Spiced Kale and Eggs
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 2 handfuls Baby Kale
- 1 Tbsp Water
- dash of Cumin
- dash of Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 Avocado, chopped
- 1 large Egg
- Place kale and water in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cover with a lid and cook 3 minutes or so until wilted.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to medium.
- Add spices and cook 1 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chopped tomato and cook 2 minutes more.
- Move kale and tomato to the edges of the skillet and crack your egg in the center of the pan.
- Cook until egg is cooked and yolk is warmed through.
- Slide onto a plate and garnish with chopped avocado.
Do you have a favorite go-to quick meal that you tend to eat once a week?