It was a cold and rainy night. My cable wasn’t working. I wanted chocolate cake.
So, by golly, I made chocolate cake! It was the perfect addition to my pitiful evening!
I have a strict policy not to make cake unless I am taking it out of my house. I don’t need that temptation sitting on my counter. Since I had no occasions to take a cake to, I found a recipe on the web for a delicious sounding mug cake for one. This recipe was different because it didn’t call for an egg or egg replacer!
I modified the original recipe slightly to make it gluten free and sugar free and was very satisfied with the results. I served it atop some pumpkin puree for a surprisingly healthy dessert!
Chocolate + no guilt? Sign me up!
Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)
Based on this recipe by Get Healthy With Heather
- 2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 3-4 Tbsp Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk (I need 4 because I am at a high altitude, but start with 3 and add more as needed)
- 12 drops Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- Stir together all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into a microwave safe mug lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.