The strangest thing just happened…
I accidentally made a mini souffle!
I really don’t know how it happened. I just started layering random ingredients, like I always do, and voila, a souffle! I used a jumbo muffin tin to make 2 individual sized souffles, though I consider two of them to be one serving. It’s another simple, healthy meal I will be happy to add to my arsenal. It will also be fun to play with the flavors to make different varieties.
What ingredients would you add to your dream souffle?
Individual Spinach Souffles
(Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 large Egg plus 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened, Original Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Gourmet Non-Dairy Sour Cream
- Herbamare (or Sea Salt) and Black Pepper, to taste
- 5 oz frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed and drained, divided
- 2 slices Tomato, each about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (400 for high altitude)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, vegan sour cream, herbamare, and pepper until smooth and frothy.
- Now it is time to assemble the two souffles. Using a Jumbo Muffin Tin, spray two muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one tomato slice in the bottom of each jumbo muffin cup.
- Top each tomato slice with half of the spinach.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into each of the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of nutritional yeast over each of the souffles.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffed, golden, and eggs are set, about 30-40 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of each souffle to release them from the pan.