I’m finally home!!!!!
….for 3 days….
But, at least I’m home. It felt amazing to sleep in my own bed, to cook in my own kitchen, to fall asleep on my own couch while watching Psych on Hulu…..
It truly is the little things in life that give us the greatest pleasure.
I arrived home around supper time on a Thursday night after being gone for a solid 3 weeks. Immediately, project “Scrape Together a Meal” commenced. Scouring my cabinets and freezer for ingredients that could slightly resemble a meal, I set to work creating one of my infamous “Bowl Meals”.
I have waxed poetic about my love of “Bowl Meals” before, but in case you missed it…..
- Fewer Dishes – Less clean up time… ’nuff said
- Balance of Flavors – Everything is mixed together so you get the perfect balance of flavors in each bite
- Nostalgia – Eating out of a bowl inspires feelings of childhood nostalgia in my heart that make me want to turn on cartoons and snuggle under a fuzzy blanket
If you love me, you must learn to embrace the Bowl Meal. You will be eating them often. Love them as you love me and we will get along just fine. 😉
Now, on to the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious this turned out! Initially, it was intended to be two servings, one for dinner and one for lunch at work the next day. …..I ATE THE ENTIRE THING! Apparently, I missed my own cooking and was hungrier than I at first thought. So, no judgement if this only feeds one for you too!
Italian Inspired Quinoa Bowl
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 tsp powdered Vegetable Stock Base
- 5 oz frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp Sundried Tomatoes packed in Oil, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Gourmet Non-Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- Herbamare (or Sea Salt) and Black Pepper, to taste
- Place water, rinsed quinoa, and powdered stock base in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a rolling boil, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer 13-17 minutes until water is almost completely absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until Earth Balance is melted and ingredients are evenly incorporated, adjust seasonings, and enjoy!