Vegetables are a HUGE part of my life.
I eat them. I drink them. I decorate with them.
The thing is, I am a food snob, of sorts. I refuse to eat something unless it has color and beauty. Vegetables are beautiful. Vegetables are colorful. Vegetables are WONDERFUL!
Today’s dish features a colorful palate and my favorite inexpensive source of protein, the egg. (Cari… look away!) Full of lean protein, vitamins, and minerals, eggs are an excellent addition to any meal. Now, let’s get “crackin’!”
Sunny Side-up Spinach & Mushroom Skillet
- 1/3 cup White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 large Organic Tomato, chopped
- 1 large Organic Egg
- Herbamare & Black Pepper, to taste
- Dry saute’ mushrooms in a skillet over high heat until they begin to release their moisture.
- Add spinach and diced tomatoes and cook until wilted.
- Move mushroom/spinach mixture to the sides of the skillet, creating a circle in the middle.
- Reduce the stovetop heat to medium-low, and crack the egg into the center of the skillet.
- Season with herbamare and black pepper and cook until egg is done.
- Gently transfer to a plate.
This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.