The verdict? The casserole was devoured in under 15 minutes. I think it was a success! The only downside was GF Guy didn’t get to try any. It was gone by the time he got home! No matter what anyone says, ballet dancers know how to eat!
PS- We were far too busy having fun to take a decent picture. I’ve noticed my pictures are either fabulous, or devastatingly sad, nothing in between. *sigh* At least I commit one way or the other!
- 1 small loaf Cilantro Quick Bread, cut into 1/2″ thick slices
- 1 large Tomato, cut into 1/4″ thick slices
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place sliced Cilantro Quick Bread in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.
- Top sliced bread with sliced tomato.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro over top the tomato.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the baking dish over top the bread & tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate over night, or a minimum of 3 hours.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (375 degrees F for high altitude)
- Bake egg casserole, uncovered for 40-50 minutes until puffy and golden.