Last night, GF Guy requested Pumpkin Chili for dinner….. again….
It is his absolute favorite dinner, and he gets very offended when people don’t like it! (…which has actually never happened. People have refused to try it, but have never disliked it once they do.) Anyway, I was going to make cornbread to go with our chili, but the grocery store I went to didn’t carry any “Celiac-Safe” Cornmeal. As tempted as I was to just buy the Quaker Cornmeal, I knew it was not a good idea. On to plan B! I used the ingredients I had on hand to make a delicious quick bread that paired perfectly with the chili! This recipe makes 3 small loaves. We only ate one, and I can’t wait to use the other 2 for a recipe I have floating around in my head. Enjoy!
Cilantro Quick Bread
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup packed fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 3 mini-loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Pour into mini-loaf pans and bake 15-20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of one loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before turning onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve with Pumpkin Chili!
The post is linked to Allergy Free Wednesdays over at Tessa the Domestic Diva & Gluten-Free Wednesdays at The Gluten-Free Homemaker.