Yesterday, GF Guy and I were invited over to a friends’ house to watch the Super Bowl.
I wanted to bring something homemade. When GF Guy told me donuts were our hosts FAVORITE thing, there was no question what I would be baking. Coincidentally, my donut pan is my favorite thing! I made my Chocolate Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze and a completely new recipe. Judging by the rate at which these disappeared off the plate, I would say they were a success!
Maple Glazed Banana Donuts
- 2 over-ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk (4 Tbsp if at a high altitude)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Organic, Unbleached Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (375 degrees for high altitude), and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the banana, egg, almond milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Scoop 2 heaping Tbsp of batter for each donut. Dampen your fingers to smooth donuts evenly in the pan.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, then cool 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before dipping in glaze (recipe below).
- 3 Tbsp pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.