What a lovely weekend! Yesterday, instead of hitting the gym, GF Guy, Dickens, and I went on a two hour walk around one of favorite Denver neighborhoods picking out million dollar homes that, one day, we will live in. (Dream big, right?) Then, it was a quick stop at the dog park for a little doggy social time. It’s always more fun to get outside then it is running like a hamster on the treadmill.
Dinner, was a special request by GF Guy…. Pumpkin Chili!
I posted this recipe two years ago, but thought it was time for an encore.
This recipe is a legend in our family. They pass it from person to person, even giving the ingredients away as house-warming and birthday gifts! Trust me… it is that good!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet gluten-free Taco Seasoning Mix
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Light Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- Hot Sauce and Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic, in a large pot over medium-high heat, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.