I have a serious question for you…..
Is it Doughnut or Donut? I just don’t know. I have seen it spelled both ways and am now utterly confused! Your thoughts and insights would be most welcome, as I plan on adding quite a few doughnut/donut recipes to my repertoire. Thanks!
I awoke this morning and immediately went into the kitchen to make a surprise breakfast for GF Guy. I combined 2 of his favorite things, peanut butter and chocolate, to make a much healthier baked donut recipe. I think they were successful because he ate 3!
* If you are not cooking at a high altitude, reduce your oven temperature to 325 degrees and eliminate 1/4 cup almond milk.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Glazed Donuts
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 heaping Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, sugar, vanilla, and oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Scoop 2 heaping Tbsp of batter for each donut. Dampen your fingers to smooth donuts evenly in the pan.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, then cool 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before dipping in glaze (recipe below).
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened, Plain Almond Milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.