I love my husband!
One of my favorite things about being married is getting to spoil my husband by baking his favorite things. It has been awhile since I last baked for especially for him. In fact, I can’t remember the last time…. Luckily, I was able to amend that problem.
I know I have posted a half dozen Banana Bread recipes on this blog, and no two are alike. I can’t help it! I have a hard time sticking to recipes, especially when sticking to a recipe means having to go to the grocery store. Instead, make do with what ingredients I have. I have been baking gluten-free and dairy-free for long enough now that I can tell, based on a batters consistency if it will turn out or not. Surprisingly, I find baking at high altitude to be easier than baking in moisture laden Florida. (shrug) Maybe it’s easier… or maybe I’m just happier… Happiness and love, after all, are always the best ingredients!
Mile High Banana Bread
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 2/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup White Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 over-ripe Bananas, mashed
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (or 350 if you aren’t in the mountains)
- Beat together oil and agave nectar at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add white rice flour, oat flour, xantum gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low until blended, then on high for 2 minutes.
- Add remaing ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.