What do you do when you have an avocado that desperately needs to be eaten, one lonely chicken breast, and two hungry people?
You make salads!
For those of you looking to make a little food go a long way, salads are an excellent meal choice. Inexpensive vegetables, like green leaf lettuce, onions, and bell peppers, add bulk to an otherwise humble meal. The best part? The options are endless! As I have said before, you can eat a different salad every day and never get bored. Add fruit and nuts, experiment with vinegars…. You get the picture.
GF Guy loves this salad as much as I do. We both ended the evening with full bellies and happy hearts.
Chicken Fajita Salad
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 large boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, jullienned
- 1/2 large Sweet Onion, jullienned
- 1/2 a head of Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 a Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 an Avocado, chopped
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Salsa
- Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- Vegan Gourmet Sour Cream
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken strips and coat completely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until cooked through. Put chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Add the dry sherry to the same skillet and deglaze the pan, scraping up all the charred bits.
- Once sherry has cooked down, reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and pepper and saute’ until soft and golden.
- Build your salad: lettuce, onions and peppers, chicken, hot sauce, tomato, avocado, cheese, salsa, sour cream.