It was a lazy, Saturday morning.
GF Guy could be heard rustling around in bed and Dickens was curled up on my pillow, having decided it was simply too early to be up and about.
It was the perfect morning for an extraordinary breakfast. I began pulling ingredients out of the refrigerator. Leftover chopped tomato, the last of the eggs… These were the makings of a perfect Saturday morning. Soon the aroma of sauteed onions, luxurious sun-dried tomatoes, and toasted bread filled the air, and GF Guy emerged from the bedroom with Dickens close at his heels.
It’s life’s little moments, one’s just like this, that make it so wonderful.
Baked Eggs with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomatoes packed in Oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute’ onions over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, regular tomato, parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt, & pepper and cook 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2 ramekins sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly divide nutritional yeast and Daiya Cheese between the two ramekins.
- Crack 1 egg into each ramekin, and break the yolk.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 10-15 minutes until egg is just set.