These cookies are ridiculously addictive! Upon sampling one, I immediately dubbed them “crack cookies”. Super simple to make with relatively healthy ingredients, I think Santa will love these. Not to mention, he could use some more whole grains in his life. (Just sayin’…)
- 2/3 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Substitute
- 5 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup certified Gluten-Free, Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt together the syrup and Earth Balance. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, & cayenne and bring to a low boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Stir until evenly coated.
- Drop by spoonful onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm.