Friday, I was having a no good, very bad day.
One of the bars in my closet fell… twice! The second time it landed squarely on my foot. Then, Dickens caused me to spill my protein shake all over my front door, porch, and bag of clothes. Frustrations continued at work and before I knew it, I was holed up in the back office making “ohm” fingers and telling myself to breathe!
My entire day made a turn around when I arrived home to find a large package on my porch from Earthy Delights with the word “Perishable” stamped on top. Grabbing the nearest sharp object, I tore into the package to find, yet another, gift from my Fairy Blog-Mother. It’s a tough contest, but I think this one may be my favorite. The box contained Ramps (wild leeks), Fiddleheads, & Morels!!!!!!!!!
First of all, I have been searching for Ramps & Fiddleheads for going on 2 years now.
Second of all, Morels?! Need I say more? Aren’t they gorgeous?!
I set out to create exactly what popped into my head the moment I saw those glorious ingredients peeking out of their packaging. I must say, this one is a serious winner! The combination of Cream Sherry & Coconut Milk brings all the flavors together in a symphony of flavor! Bon appetit!
Pasta w/ Sherried Morel Cream Sauce
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 2 Tblsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Spread
- 1 pint Morels, halved
- 3 Ramps, white parts only minced
- Sea Salt
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fiddleheads, blanched
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, minced
- 2 Tblsp Cream Sherry
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Vegan Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- Gluten-Free Pasta of choice
- In a large skillet, heat Earth Balance until melted.
- Add Morels and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes. Add Ramps and season with salt & pepper. (Do NOT scrimp on your seasonings kids!)
- After 5 more minutes, add blanched Fiddleheads and cook until heated through.
- Add fresh Parsley and Sherry. Cook 2 minutes
- Add Unsweetened Coconut Milk and allow to reduce slightly.
- Serve over Gluten-Free pasta of choice.
What are your most coveted ingredients?