What a whirlwind of a weekend! I have been one busy bee!
I swear, I need a break from myself! I haven’t sat down to have a “weekend” all weekend! To be honest, I have a hard time allowing myself to relax. Over-committing myself is one of my worst habits. I always end of stressed out and exhausted. In the end, I’m always happy to have volunteered. It’s just stressful leading up to the actual occasion.
My Aunt’s birthday was today, which meant of huge day long fete of fabulosity! I made my usual 12 lbs of Pulled Pork, but decided to debut a new recipe for dessert (make that 3 new recipes, but those will come later!)
I’ve never made cheesecake, dairy-free or regular. What better place to test a GF/DF recipe than a house full of gluten/dairy eaters?! The response was one of overwhelming success! Enjoy!
Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake with a Lemon Cookie Crust
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
- 1 1/2 c. Blueberries
- 1/4 c. Turbinado Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1 Tblsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 pkg Enjoy Life Lively Lemon Cookies
- 2 Tblsp. Turbinado Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tblsp. Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 c. Turbinado Sugar
- 8 oz. Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
- 2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs, at room temp.
- 2 Tblsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Biscuit & Baking Mix
- Combine berries, sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Puree in blender with lemon juice.
- Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- Place cookies in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse into crumbs.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and oil in bowl; mix well.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the foil wrapped pan and bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Beat Tofutti cream cheese in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until completely smooth.
- Beat in Tofutti sour cream and vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in eggs one at a time, then Biscuit & Baking Mix just until blended.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Place pan in larger baking pan.
- Carefully drizzle blueberry puree over batter.
- Swirl knife through batter to marbleize.
- Place on oven rack in 350 degree oven. Pour boiling water into larger pan 1 inch up side of springform pan to create a water bath.
- Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes or until just set.
- Turn oven off; let stand in oven 1 hour.
- Remove pan from water bath. Remove foil; cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Now, I’m going to sit back with a nice glass of White Burgundy and watch Hitch!
- Do you tend to over-commit yourself? How do you know your limits?