Saturdays are the days when kitchen inspiration comes to me. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I’m not focusing all my creative energy on work. Regardless, it is my FAVORITE day!
This past Saturday, I had to work, but only for a few hours in the afternoon. As I was driving to work, a recipe idea struck me. I called GF Guy, who approved of the flavors. So, I called my dad and asked if I could cook him dinner! I always like to have a guinea pig who doesn’t normally eat GF/DF. That’s how I know for sure the flavors are good.
After work, I packed my little bags with everything I would need to prepare the entree and sides (recipe to come tomorrow!) and my camera, gathered Dickens and headed across town to my parent’s house.
My mom and I, chatted, played music, and danced around the kitchen while cooking. Good times had by all… just the way it should be!
- 2 Organic, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh Baby Spinach, shopped
- 1/4 cup diced Pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Daiya Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- White Pepper
- No Salt Added Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, peppers, & poultry seasoning. Rub seasonings in.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in the largest side of the chicken breast, being careful not to cut completely through the chicken.
- Place spinach, pineapple, BBQ sauce, & cheese in a small bowl & gently combine.
- Stuff cheese mixture into the chicken breast pockets and close.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear chicken in hot pan 3 minutes per side.
- Place seared chicken in a casserole dish and bake in 350 degree oven 15 minutes.
- Allow to rest 2-3 minutes before serving.