Every time he comes home to visit (that’s strange to say, but he’s on the road more than he is home), I make him a few mini-loaves to take with him as airplane food.
I have made so many permutations of his favorite treat that it’s impossible to keep up. In fact, I don’t even look at the original recipe any more. I’ve made it so many times that now it’s all done by instinct and what I happen to have in my pantry. No eggs? No problem! Out of tapioca starch? No sweat, honey!
This version of Banana Bread is officially our new favorite! It is moist, sweet, and delicious! I wasn’t able to get a picture because GF Guy squirreled it all into his carry-on bag! That stinker!
- 3/4 cup Brown Rice Four
- 3/4 cup Millet Flour
- 3/4 cup Potato Starch
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Xanthum Gum
- Ener-G Egg Replacer for 2 large Eggs, prepared
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 4 medium, over-ripe Bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tblsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 4 mini-loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours & starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, & Xanthum Gum. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, sans the walnuts.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared mini-loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven 30-40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, and turn onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.