Our local CSA has had an abundance of greens lately, due to the cold snaps.
You won’t hear me complaining. This girl LOVES her greens!
My in-laws, on the other hand, are not quite so sure. They don’t really know how to cook them, nor do they particularly love them. They are more “spinach people”. I guess a taste for greens has to be developed. I could eat them 3 times a day and be a happy little camper.
I took an Indian twist last night with my greens. Trying a little something different. YUM! This version will definitely be making it into the rotation.
Indian Spiced Greens
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale
- 1/2 bunch Collard Greens
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tblsp Garam Masala
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Low Sodium, Organic Chicken Stock
- Wash and cut greens into bite size pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, stir, and cover.
- Place over low heat for 20-30 minutes until soft.
Do you like your greens? What is your favorite way to enjoy them?