This post is linked to
For the first time in weeks, I was struck by culinary inspiration!
It’s been a long dry spell of recycled recipes. The longest I’ve ever had. Not going to lie, I was starting to sweat a little! It’s a little scary when something usually second nature disappears for a bit.
For me, inspiration takes a leave of absence when GF Guy leaves. Cooking for others is one of my love languages. I guess it makes sense that when my love leaves, he takes my inspiration with him.
Whoa…. way to get all sappy and romantic all of a sudden! Moving on….
My surge of inspiration came with the arrival a package and our CSA delivery.
Mendocino Smoked Sea Salt
The good fortune that caused these two items to drop into my lap within mere hours of each other could only be heaven sent!
I belong in the kitchen! God gave me a sign!
(Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Buckwheat
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped Collard Greens
- 2 cups frozen Black-eye Peas
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Mendocino Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 (14/5oz) can No Salt Added Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a 9×13 glass casserole dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook 1 hour, or until buckwheat is cooked completely.