Today, I woke up at 5am. (I have been doing this all week and am kind of liking it!)
I took a shower, got dressed, etc… sat down to drink my coffee and was startled by a sudden rumble of thunder! What the..? All of a sudden the skies opened up and Niagara Falls appeared outside my window!
Not one to be dismayed by a little rain, I shrugged, reminded myself I have curly hair for a reason, and trotted out the door.
Once at the office, I managed to get in a solid two hours of work before “nature called”. I headed to the bathroom and was slightly shocked to find my underwear was on inside out!
…It was going to be one of those days….
Deciding it would take more effort to rectify the situation then to “live with it”, I carried on, inside out underwear and all and had a rather productive day.
After work, the gym was the last place I felt like going. Instead, I decided to test a few new products for work. I baked Ginger Cookies
Yes… the tubby kid bakes brownies instead of doing burpees. Deal with it. (In case you were wondering, I was not a fan of the products by Bloomfield Farms. They were okay, but there are MUCH better options out there.)
Then, I scrubbed the bathroom and cleaned the kitchen all while wearing the high heels and Hudson jeans I wore to work!
‘Cause I’m a woman…. (sing it with me!)
Anyhoot, that was the a-mah-zing-ness that was my day. (insert curtsy)
Now back to recipe sharing!
This next recipe was made possible by my Fairy Blog-Mother. She sent me (well, GF Guy actually) a batch of her homemade Caramels which practically begged to be baked with! In the back of my recipe book, I had a notecard with an old recipe belonging to my little sister. This recipe for ooey gooey Caramel Brownies is decadent, delicious, and dairy-full. As the caramels contained dairy, I went ahead and stuck pretty close to the original recipe. If you can indulge in dairy, DO IT WITH THIS RECIPE!!! Enjoy!
Decadent Caramel Brownies
(Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free)
- 16 oz Caramels
- 5 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 box King Arthur Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 6 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat caramels and 1/4 cup evaporated milk until melted and smooth, stirring often. Keep warm over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, and remaining evaporated milk.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread half of the cake mix dough in the pan.
- Bake 6 minutes and remove from the oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the baked layer. Drizzle caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Spread remaining cake mix dough evenly over the caramel.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Seriously people, this is the most decadent ooey-gooey mound of chocolate-y goodness you will ever encounter! Thanks Cari!