This next dish was inspired by my beautiful older sister (and her crazy husband).
She is the queen of one-pot, affordable family meals. When she shared with me her secret for cooking rice, I just knew I had to give it a try.
The perfect excuse came in my husband’s carry-on bag. He arrived home with a foodie gift straight from Columbus, OH. He brought me a fresh spice mix North Market Spices.
This quirky little spice shop is serious about the quality of their spices. If you are ever in Columbus, definitely check them out!
Back to the recipe, this meal is perfect for a busy mom. Simply throw whatever you have in your casserole dish, cover it tightly with foil, toss it in the oven, and walk away for an hour to an hour and a half. Voila! Dinner is served!
“Cole’s” Go-to Chicken and Rice
- 1 cup Brown Jasmine Rice
- 1 Organic Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Organic, Free Range Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- North Market Spices House English Rub
- 8-9 Organic Baby Sweet Potatoes
- 2 handfuls Fresh, Organic Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Homemade Turkey Stock
- 1 can Organic Diced Just Roma Tomatoes (Eden Foods brand is BPA Free and has No Salt Added!)
- 1 cup Frozen, Organic Green Peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat chicken on both sides w/ North Market Spice Rub and place in a 9″x13″ glass casserole dish.
- Place remaining ingredients in dish around the chicken.
- Tightly cover casserole dish with foil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake 60-90 minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.