I was looking for an economical way of making my favorite holiday beverage and ran into a major hurdle. Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix is daggum expensive!
A little research online pulled up this awesome recipe on GoDairyFree.org! SCORE!!!!
Make this recipe and stay tuned for the rest of the tutorial for Christmas Cheer in a Cup!
Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate Mix
(Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup Vance’s DariFree Powdered Milk Substitute
- 1/4 cup Equal Exchange Fair-Trade Organic Baking Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Sugar (recipe below)
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients and store in an air tight container.
- To make 1 cup of Hot Chocolate, combine 1 cup boiling water with 1/4 cup mix.
- 2 cups organic, unbleached Cane Sugar
- 1 whole Vanilla Bean, cut into small pieces
- Place sugar and vanilla bean in a food processor and process until vanilla bean is finely minced.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place.