They use all eco-friendly shampoos, etc…, low-flow hose nozzles, are cage free, and even save the discarded dog hair to send to a company that uses it to make a product used in cleaning up oil spills! However, poor little Dickens started shaking as soon as he realized I was going to leave him. I FELT AWFUL! I immediately ran home and began to bake. I didn’t have time to start making my Vegan Mexican Wedding Cookies. So, I made up something new! Apparently, today stress = scones! Bon Appetit!
- 1 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapicoa Starch/Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1/3 cup Turbinado Sugar
- 4 Tblsp Earth Balance Non-Dairy Buttery Sticks
- 1 large, organic Egg
- 2/3 cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- 1/4 tsp NuNaturals Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia
- 2 Tblsp So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- In food processor, place flours, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthum gum, salt, and sugar. Pulse on and off to combine the ingredients.
- Add cold Earth Balance and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, combine the lightly beaten egg, coconut milk creamer, and liquid stevia. Pour over the flour mixture and process until the dough forms large curds.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl. Quickly, but gently fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- On the baking sheet pat dough to into an 8 inch circle, 3/4 of an inch thick. Brush the top with the 2 Tblsp of coconut milk creamer.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into 8 wedges.