I think the second time is going to be the “charm”! I found this recipe at FatFree Vegan Kitchen, tweaked and played and have come up with what I think is a winning version of Pumpkin Pie! It is not overly sweet, but that is what I prefer. Serve with Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon and you just might be in heaven!
- 3 Medjool Dates, soaked 3-5 hours in filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer
- 2 Flax Eggs (1 Tblsp Flax Meal + 3 Tblsp Hot Water = 1 large Egg)
- 1 Tblsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Flour Blend (I used Amy’s blend)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a glass pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place soaked, pitted dates in a food processor and process until a date paste is formed. Set aside,
- Place creamer, flax eggs, starch, and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and process to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients (including the date paste) and pulse to combine. Then, process on high about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- For best results, refrigerate over night before serving.