Made with another gift from my Fairy Blog-mother, this next recipe is a symphony of fall flavors brought to a mighty crescendo by rustic Kale Pesto.
Paired with freshly baked Corn Bread, this is a comforting, filling meal. Bon Appetit!
Kale Pesto Cannellini Bean Soup
- drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 New Jersey Sweet Potato, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tblsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 quart No-Chicken Broth
- 1 can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen Peas
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 1/4 cup Kale Pesto
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until translucent.
- Add celery and carrots and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, herbs, and spices and stir to combine.
- Add the stock sweet potatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add the peas and spinach, cover, and allow to simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pesto just before serving.